Just a rant of a certain Onee-san

 My parents always nagging me to go out for job hunting, it's not like I don't want to, I already did that since I graduate from university, more than 200 place that I've applied for, most of them who accepted by the corporation are the people who have 'insider' in there, and I don't have that kind of connection. I tried the others too, but their requirements wants someone with higher degrees, I even did some part-time as internet-cafe operator, but my parents doesn't like that, I tried to be a drawing teacher in elementary school, the pays is too small and too far from my house, I tried to be another teacher that my mother's brother private school (he is the headmaster) most of the job is unpayed and referred as volunteer works, of course I resigned after 1 and half month. Heck, even I make their school pamphlet design but all they did just saying 'thanks', at least give me some funds for my effort. 


Even now since I did this Translation blog and translate stuff, they doesn't like it either, what they know is, if you have a job then it must be outside of the house.


To be honest this situation is kind of stressing me out. 

That's it, I just want to rant out, just personal feeling, nothing to do with the current translation project.


Have a good day.

Comments

  1. Man that sucks, i personally believe parents should appreciate and be proud of their child's effort and growth, i mean heck money is money as long as its not illegal wheres the problem? The only thing your doing by dissaproving with your kids choices is alienate yourself, making them feel worthless and stressing them out. (in most cases) anyway im just a stranger on the internet but you should just concentrate on what makes you happy or you feel passionate about, thats my belief, plus if you can achieve a baseline of success doing said thing it should keep the ppl around you satisfied... But hey what do i know im just a retard on the internet

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Also Thank you for the translation we all appreciate your time and effort but dont feel forced take breaks if you need them👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I'm not forced to doing TL, I love it tbh, and thank you for visiting my rant page

      Delete
  3. Im also just graduated from university and searching for jobs. I wish u luck for finding good jobs 💪

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Covid hit and I lost my Job I spent 2 years trying to get another one 100's of applications and All I got from 95% of these places was dead silence and no communication even when on the rare chance they sent me a message. Parents and grandparents nagged me, my mental state took a down hill spiral (and already suffering from pre existing depression and anxiety issues didn't make it any easier). I finally got a retail job so I could at least earn money and all I get is more harassment from my family, customers yelling at me when I'm just doing my job, my anxiety and depression sending me to a not so good place, having to visit a psychologist and psychiatrist monthly and not having many friends(and none living close. Closest one is 11 hours by car.)nor a girlfriend, I fail to escape my family and life issues by having someone to be there for me and vice versa. I wish you all the luck and sometimes you just need to ignore what your parents say they grew up in a different time than us. Ask them how they would feel not getting payed to do a job, ask them to understand what you are going through, talk to them about how working from home is how a lot of places do it not due to cutting the cost of owning or renting a building and the costs associated with it, and if they still can't see eye to eye... You may have toxic parents. Good luck on finding a job if you haven't already and Good luck with life in general.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heya, just a lurker and an ungrateful one at it.
    Thank you for the chapters you have translated so far! I always liked the little inputs you put in the translations I remember having a laugh at some of them.
    Don't know how to help someone but I wish you the best and I hope you become well and do great in the future. :)

    -Just a random guy from a third country

    ReplyDelete
  6. This message might be a little late (been 4 months), but I hope you're doing well lately. Did you still kept that internet-cafe operator job because even if your parents disproved, it's still a job (like what do they even want?). I also have toxic parents, but I tend to ignored them when figuring out what do with my life (gradating with no college debt and doing internships to build my resume). Hope you are okay because I haven't hear from you for around 4 months (I believed?).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Demon King Wants To Be Hated (18+)